Sunday, May 19, 2013

Summer's Here!

Another year is over, and another summer is beginning!  This year, I will start my summer adventures in Nice, France.  Nice (pronounced "neece") is on the southern coast of France in the French Riviera.  



My plans are to stay there for about a month and take French classes!  I am excited and a little nervous to start to learn a new language.  After classes finish, I hope to travel to Paris, Italy, and maybe even Africa.  The possibilities are endless, so we will see what happens!  Not only will I need to learn a new language, I will need to learn to drive a new type of car--a stick shift.  Unlike the U.S., most cars in Europe are not automatic.  Here is the car I will be driving, she is 45 years old, and I named her Candy Finnegan. 


While I am excited to travel again, I am sad to see the year come to an end.  We have had a great year.  I was blessed to to be the teacher of an intelligent and fun group of amazing young men and women.  There is no doubt in my mind that if they work hard, they will all go on to do great things.  I will miss them, but hope that they are reading this right now and will follow my blog!  If you are reading this and  interested in learning more about France, here are some websites to visit!

http://www.kids-world-travel-guide.com/france-facts.html

 http://kids.nationalgeographic.com/kids/places/find/france/

http://www2.lhric.org/pocantico/france/france.htm

Au revoir (that's goodbye in French) until next time,

Ms. Fritz

No comments:

Post a Comment